Monday, October 8, 2012

It went like this


"Mommy...? Mommy...?! Mommy!!"

Mommy wasn't there.
Mommy was never there.
Mommy didn't know.
I needed Mommy.

Mommy how did you not know?
You had to have known...
Was I just that good?
Were my skills of deception so keen that I had you convinced?
Or were you just turning a blind eye?
Tell me Mommy.
Because I need to know.
Did you know?

Did you fall so easily to the trickery of a child...
or did you just refuse to see the proof right in front of your eyes.

I guess that's partially my fault.
I knew how much you loved me.
I knew how much I loved him.
I knew if I ever told you how bad it was,
you would take him away from me.

I should have let you take me away from him.

It doesn't heal.
He hurt me irrevocably.
I know you tried Mommy.
I know you love me.
But you were the only one capable of ending it.
It should have ended.
It didn't end.

Black. Blue. Yellow. Green. Purple. 
I'm sorry. 

He can keep his 'I Love You's' and 'I'm Sorry's'.
I don't even have the energy left to care.
Let's just face the truth. 
He's just familiar a stranger. 
Nothing more.

I needed you Mommy. 

2 comments: