Monday, October 29, 2012

clinging to me.

Clinging to me.
Like the last breath
you would breathe.

Close your eyes.
Let me go.
Please.

I know you care.
But I'm done with trouble.

You're trouble,
You can't hide it.

I'm just saving myself from you.
From the ruin.

I used to run to the door when
I thought you were there.
Now I run away.

I'm just saving myself.

You are like ice in my veins.
A constant winter.

This is not how things
should have been
and I dream.

I dream that you care.
I know you try to care.
But you never learned how.

I'm dying and you don't care.
I'm reaching for the light.

You are just saving
yourself from the bullet.
I will bear it.

But I still hope.
I still dream.
Because I know you care.

You have to care.

But I don't care.
I have tried and died.



*inspired by:
"I Know You Care" by Ellie Goulding

2 comments: